Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ramblings

I've come to realize that teaching is one of the most rewarding and frustrating professions.

Frustration: High School students are moody. Extremely moody. And I have to say, the target for all of their problems seems to be whatever teacher irritates them first.

Reward: I had one student break out in song while reading. Hilarious.

Frustration: They don't care (or at least put on a front that they don't care). Well, some do. Overall though, they are focused on sports, who's dating who, who's not dating, parents, cars, you know- the fun stuff! The stuff that I too focused on. :)

Reward: Hearing a students say, "Wow, I finally get it. Thanks!"

Frustration: After going over a what a thesis is and it's importance many times, a students says, "Thesis? What's that?"

Reward: Hearing students make funny, sometimes accurate and sometimes not, comparisons of any short story to "The Hangover". Great movie by the way!

Frustration: Pushing a cart around all day, and sitting back and watching as the administration makes a room for a study hall. I'm not bitter at all.

Reward: Feeling very proud when one of "my kids" scores a touchdown or makes a goal.

Frustration: Constant complaints- about absolutely everything.

Reward: Laughing. A lot.

Frustration: Teachers who do nothing in their class, creating students who expect to do nothing in every class.

Reward: Feeling like I might actually be making a difference in at least one person's life.

That's it for frustrations and rewards for now. I need to start writing them down as they happen.

Expect a "Tales from the Court- Take 2" soon.

Aside from school, everything is awesome. Softball conditioning has started and will go in full swing in March! I am pumped- though I will probably be exhausted.

I miss my friends. I don't get to talk to them as much as I want, and it really sucks.

A Girls weekend is in the works! Woohoo!

My head is swelling again. :) I guess the doctors appointments will start soon. A swollen eye/ forehead, does not make for a very attractive me.

Indiana schools have serious problems. Beginning with the fact that we don't have 1/2 days.

My husband is the coolest. I am so completely blessed.

I had a student ask me the other day if I planned on teaching the rest of my life, and it made me start to think. I am 22 years old. Can I teach everyday for the next 40 or so years. I'm not sure. That's probably a better questions after year 5 or 6.

Hmmm.... these are all of the ramblings I have. :)

No comments: