Monday, July 26, 2010

Almost August? Already?

Two vacations, a mission trip, and a week of babysitting have made for the quickest summer yet. And I am not happy about that. I have three weeks until school starts (one of those weeks being a trip home) and I haven't done anything school related. In fact, I picked up my school bag yesterday to find cobwebs. I was so proud for my ability to relax, but felt a tad guilty thinking about all the plans I had to get so much done this summer...

So here I am , at school.... kind of working. And I might add, IN MY VERY OWN CLASSROOM! Woo hoo! No more male coach that can't leave his room while I am teaching because he are working on basketball plans. No more of the same male coach carrying basketballs into the classroom and hitting the walls with the basketballs while I am trying to teach. No more having to move stuff out of the front of the classroom in order to be able to teach in the previously mentioned classroom, because he never gets out of his chair to teach. Oh wait, does he teach? OK, done ranting. Needless to say, I am so so so excited to have my own classroom. Bulletin boards are done, files are mostly organized, my desk looks how it will probably look all year: messy. Though I may keep it cleaner since students will see it all year.

Speech syllabus is done. Sophomore English is as done as it will be. I will be getting to teach freshmen this year. I am excited about that, but dreading having to prep for another class. I almost gave up last year, but hopefully I will be more confident this year. Literature for life is still a class I struggle with. It's hard to plan curriculum for these students because the state standards are not clear.

A few things I am super excited about this fall:
  • Football (high school and college)
  • Seeing my kids (old and new!)
  • Student Council
  • Homecoming
  • Cooler Weather
  • My first half marathon
  • My best friends wedding!
  • Softball hitting
  • Teaching ( I complain, but I really do love it)
  • Being busy again
  • Pumpkin flavor in everything. :)
  • FHS blood drive
  • Black Friday. :)
  • My brother coming to visit
There are so many more things I am looking forward to, and actually, this post makes me ready for school. Remind me of this in October.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh, Summer! I love when you post. Congrats on the classroom!! I can't imagine having to do what you did last year. And I'm extremely impressed with this half marathon business. Wow!!