Monday, August 1, 2011

Mockingjay



I finally finished the Hunger Games series. It is definitely my new favorite. I recommend it to everyone- boys, girls, young, old. I think that's one of the amazing things about these books- they can be enjoyed by everyone. Read it. Seriously.

One thing I really love are the character's. Collins does such an amazing job of describing them and especially their relationships with each other. The reader gets the love story (thought many people did not like the end), battles, themes. Ya' know- the good stuff. It's easy to read but not a waste of time type book.

I could talk all day about it. But I won't. I need to read Frankenstein for class. 

Favorite quotes:

"But collective thinking is usually short lived. We're fickle, stupid beings with poor memories and a great gift for self-destruction" Page 379

"What I needed is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again." Page 388

"I'll tell them how I survive it. I'll tell them that on bad mornings, it feels impossible to take pleasure in anything because I'm afraid it could be taken away. That's when I make a list in my head of every act of goodness I've seen someone do. It's like a game. Repetitive. Even a little tedious after more than twenty years. But there are much worse games to play." Page 390

No comments: