Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's that time of year!

Well, it's here- it's finally the end of the year! And let me tell you, it's busy! This week consists of 5 softball games, 1 awards assembly (with awards for student council as well as my classes), Senior Night for softball, one of our most important softball games, Student Council elections, and the school picnic of which I have been left in charge of (thanks to my StuCo responsibilities). Oh yeah- AND the End of Course Exams for my sophomores! I am biting my nails with worry. I wish they understood why this test is so important...

On the bright side I am making a wreath with help from a few sites and friends. I am excited to have time for a craft this weekend!

I am also having books and breakfast with my seniors on Friday- yum!

I am honestly getting sad about my last few weeks with my classes. I have grown to love their company, humor, and even moodiness. I never thought I would be sad to see the year coming to an end. It's interesting how I have learned to adapt to being a teacher. I think I will stick with it for at least a while longer. Hopefully next year I can remind myself of this. :)

"Don't hold back a kind word or a loving deed- they have God's blessings all over them."

2 comments:

Elaine Welte said...

Hey! I wanted to award you w/ the Versatile Blogger award. You can check it out on my blog along w/ the rules!

hannah said...

I agree on being sad for the end of the year... I told my classes that I am not a crier, but I expect to tear up the last few days, only because I won't ever teach them again and I'm not sure I'm ready for new students next year.

Kinda crazy how far we've come, huh? :)