Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Oh my, oh my

I have two bits of news. One is a complaint and the other is an announcement (and no, I am not pregnant).

Complaint: We have two teachers retiring this year and one leaving. Word on the street is the newbies will get rooms- not me. Stupid. That's all. It may not even be true, but still.

Announcement: No Peace Corps. I know, I know. The last time I wrote about this subject I was "ecstatic", and indeed I really was. It was very exciting at the time, and at the time I really did feel God leading me to apply. I still don't doubt that he was. However, the past few weeks I have felt unsure and very pessimistic about continuing the application process. In fact, I have put off and put off the second part of the application. I am usually on top of things like this. I really dislike irresponsible people who can't meet deadlines- but I was becoming one. I couldn't work up the desire to take some of my quality time and fill out another application. It wasn't that I had more important things to do- I just didn't want to fill out the second part. I didn't understand. I kept praying about it and really started to feel that this was not where God was leading me. I don't know why I felt led to apply before- maybe it was a trust thing- but I knew for sure that at this point God was leading me away. So the time came to where I had to tell Chris. (I hadn't talked to him about it yet, because this was his idea and I didn't want to disappoint him.)

Sunday night came and we got to eat dinner together- which is unusual for softball season apparently. I started crying (poor Chris)- and just kept saying this is the hardest decision I have ever made. He understood, and had actually been feeling the same way. It's great how God works in each person! Chris already thinking he didn't want to go was a huge blessing because I already felt like I was ruining his life dreams. I know it sounds like I am being completely dramatic- and think what you will- but this was a huge deal for us to even consider, finally apply, and then back out. We aren't usually ones to "quit".

So, after much MORE prayer, and many pro and con lists, we have withdrawn our Peace Corps application. It's not for us right now. Does this mean moving back to Arkansas? We don't know. It means moving wherever the jobs are. I just know that I have never felt such a burden lifted. It was truly amazing how confident I felt the next morning. Which was a wonderful reminder that we made the right decision.

Have a great day!

No comments: