Thursday, November 11, 2010

and...done!

I am very pleased to announce that I have completed my first half marathon! Woo hoo! And it was fantastic!


The Friday before the race it started snowing. It was freezing. And it was windy. All great weather conditions to run 13.1 miles in, right? :)

Saturday morning ended up being 31 degrees, which was surprisingly better than the 24 that was predicted. The race was fun. I didn't even have to use my IPOD. They had bands playing, and I was nosey and listened in on other people's conversations to keep myself entertained. By doing this, I found out I was running with Larry Macon- a marathon maniac. He completed over 100 marathons in a year. Crazy!

I finished in 2.10:16- which was 20 minutes under my goal, and one hour under the time I estimated I would finish in on the application. Chris finished in 1.57.56-I think..... which is awesome!

It turned out to be an awesome journey. I am so grateful for a God who gives me the perseverance and determination to finish something I never thought I could. I am also grateful for such encouraging people who pushed me through!

We have signed up for the next one in April! :) And a 5K next week. I think I may be addicted.

Here is a link to the one in April: http://www.nwicrossroads.com/

I will post pics soon!

1 comment:

Meagan said...

I hope y'all like the 5K, our whole family used to do some of those in Little Rock like the Jingle Bell Run every year, it's a fun little distance!