Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving

I am very excited about being able to host my first Thanksgiving dinner this year. I have been thinking about all of the foods that I want to serve, and of course Chris keeps reminding me that there will only be four of us there and I can't serve EVERYTHING I was use to having. Nonetheless, we will be having a feast, and I am sure there will be many leftovers. I mean it is Thanksgiving; there are certain things that must be served. :D

First, Turkey. Of course- though my husband would prefer something else. We got a brine to soak the turkey in from Trader Joes. It should be pretty yummy! This will be the first turkey Chris and I will make!

Second, Creamy Corn Casserole! Yum! http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Awesome-and-Easy-Creamy-Corn-Casserole/Detail.aspx

Next up, the traditional Green Bean Casserole! I use the recipe on the back of the dried onion (I think that's what it's called...).

And my favorite is Cranberry sauce! http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cranberry-Sauce/Detail.aspx

For the hubby we will have mashed potatoes. Sadly, the potatoes will be a new experience for me. We have pretty much switched to sweet potatoes so I haven't had the opportunity to make mashed potatoes yet! (Mashed sweet potatoes reminds me of baby food, so I refuse to make them). We decided to leave out the sweet potatoe casserole even though it is one of my favorites!

And of course Gravy. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Turkey-Gravy/Detail.aspx

My second favorite dish on the menu is dressing. What's thanksgiving without dressing! Love it!http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mommas-Cornbread-Dressing/Detail.aspx

My friend Hailey will be making yummy bread. She makes awesome bread, so I am super excited!

We are having dessert at a friends house so I don't have to worry about making pies!


And the best part of all is that my younger brother will be joining us! Yay! He is flying in on Monday and I can't wait to see him! :)

I am in the process of trying to figure out place settings and such. Once I do I will post them!

What are some of your Thanksgiving favorites?

No comments: