Thursday, February 3, 2011

Early Morning, Tea, and My Bible

I'm not going to lie, one of the goals I am struggling with most this year is Quiet Time. I have nothing to blame but my inability to prioritize my life.

The gym comes first in the morning, then school, then softball, then home, then dinner, grading/ planning, and then sleep. I make no time for a little one-on-one with my Lord and Savior. I keep saying, "I don't have time." Which we all know isn't true. I am just not making time.

So here's to day 1 of making time.

And of course I should share this verse with you because it hits home.

1 Corinthians 9: 24-27
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it a slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

and

Psalm 36: 10-11
"Continue your love in those who know you, your righteousness to the upright in heart. May the foot of the proud not come against me, nor the hand of the wicked drive me away."

No comments: