Monday, April 25, 2011

Not Your Typical Fruit Salad



I called to find out what we could bring to the Easter dinner we were invited to... and fruit salad was the answer. Suuurrreee, let me head to the kitchen and whip up some good ole fruit salad.

Yeah right. Fruit salad? I have no idea how to make fruit salad.

In fact, I don't even eat fruit salad.

So, this is my idea of a  fruit salad (adapted from all recipes).

It's more of a dessert.

Layered Fruit Salad
Ingredients:
About a cup or two of your 5 or 6 favorite fruits--> it depends on how big your bowl is as to how much fruit you want to use (we used frozen blueberries and peaches, but the rest were fresh)
1 eight ounce package of low fat cream cheese
1 eight ounce tub of whipped cream
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1/4 cup pecans or almonds
Cute glass bowl :)

Cut up your fruit
Layer in the glass dish

Mix the sugar and cream cheese until smooth
Fold in powdered sugar
Spoon over the fruit
Add nuts

Like I said, this is not your typical fruit salad.
It's better.
Seriously.
And prettier.

No comments: