Friday, May 20, 2011

The Plans

Well, it's official. Almost official to be completely honest. We are here for another year. Not a bad thing- just not what we had planned.

Chris is accepting a job at Purdue as a tech (which is what we thought he would do...we just thought we would have to move). So that's awesome. And I just accepted a job at a new high school- which was not planned, but is such a blessing. Better school, better pay- but I will miss the posse and my students. Overall, it's obvious God had a plan. I just think about the changes and worries of the past year and see that God was working on our hearts in preparation of this decision. It's humbling.

The new school is a rival of the one I am at now, so that's going to be weird for a bit. But oh well. I will get over it. And I like the colors. Blue makes my eyes stand-out- because that's important when looking for a job. ;)

So, with that news, I am feeling excited yet uncomfortable. This, as I have said before, was not the plan. It doesn't matter, but it just isn't what I prepared myself for. I like plans and I like to know them in advance. But God's working on that.

I feel like I am putting life on hold. I am ready to settle, to buy a house, to talk about babies, to get comfortable somewhere. I feel like I am waiting for life to start- which is kind of depressing. It's something I struggle with for a bit and then get excited about and then struggle again. Today, I am struggling. Tomorrow I will probably love the uncertainty.

On that note, I do love it here. And I absolutely love our life here. So much that I don't want to move, which is why it's hard. I am not good with goodbye, and I am ready to be somewhere that I won't have the attitude of  "Wewillbemovingsoon,sodon'tgettoocomfortable."

When this song played on the radio this morning I knew God was speaking to me. And I am listening, because he's been awesome so far. Waiting for life to begin or not attitude- I am blessed.
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

-John Waller



No comments: