Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Empty

As I type this, I am sitting in an empty classroom. Except for the boxes of course.

It's been a much harder day than I anticipated. None of the ridiculous tears that I normally share with all, or the overwhelming amount of emotions; this time it's different. It's a feeling that I don't like, but realize I will probably feel many more times. I will probably not see or really talk to these kids again.

There's not a, "I'll see you guys next year." And yes, I know I will move on. And I am sure they already have, but I miss them- like miss them, miss them.

My sophomores have been exceptional this year. Overall they are probably my favorite class. Last years class will always be my first class, and this one (overall) probably my favorite.

Some of this probably comes from my nerves of switching schools. And the fear that the next class won't live up. Which isn't fair- but I'm human.

And the tears are coming.... so adios!

No comments: