Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Catching Fire and Bet Me


As with the first book of the series, Hunger Games, I loved this book! A-MAZ-ING! Collins has great character development as well as plot set-up. She provides all sorts of twists which had me hooked from page one. I can't say enough good things about these novels. I think everyone should read them. I don't really feel like summarizing this one; you should just read it!

And for the not so fun book:

This book was very entertaining to read. It made me laugh. It was "cute". It was also annoying and not quite original.

The main character is always complaining about how fat she is. Her mom is controlling and won't allow her to eat carbs or butter. Ya know- the typical rich, pretty mom/ chubby daughter relationship. Min (the main character) gets dumped by her boyfriend and then is taken to dinner by the sweet, charming, hott guy who swoops in to save her from herself.

The have a tumultuous courtship because they are both overcoming their relational demons. They have a weird food/ weight obsessed relationship, and a few weird moments that ruined Krispy Kreme donuts for me forever. Cal (the hunk) calls Min "full" many times. Which made me chuckle. I can see Chris coming home and saying, "Hey babe, you're looking mighty full in that dress." He'd be sleeping on the couch.

Anywho, despite family, ex's, and insecurities they fall in love and live happily ever after.

No comments: