Monday, August 3, 2009

Indiana


Me and Chris by the Canal walk in Indianapolis.


The canal walk


Enjoying the rainy, cool 4th of July at a local park.


I honestly wondered if Indiana was going to be a place I could really enjoy. There are fields everywhere, mostly corn and soy beans. It's mainly flat- not many lakes or mountains to enjoy- and from what we've heard, cold. So, it put quite a few doubts in my head. But once we started exploring the town/ state a little more, we are starting to really like it! :) West Lafayette is a small town for the most part, but being a college town it offers everything you need, plus more. Everyone is super friendly and they are always up for a good conversation. There are lots of cute festivals on Main Street, and a farmers market 4 days a week! A lot of people walk and ride bikes wherever they need to go, which is fun. We try to do the same. Well, Chris rides his bike everyday since we only brought one car. Indiana itself, seems to have a few cool state parks and a few rivers to float. Chris has even heard of a few places that he can fish. We checked out Indianapolis and found a brewery we really liked. It seems to be a great community that we are coming to really appreciate. The town I teach in (Chalmers/ Brookston) are super cute towns! They have a lot of ma and pa shops and restaurants, so I can't wait to check those out!

Speaking of my job, I just found out I was going to be a 'floater'. Which means I don't have a classroom of my own- I walk from one room to the next. At least this way I don't have to worry about classroom decorations!

Chris is loving Purdue! He plays with fish... his dream! He gets samples of fish from lakes in Indiana and then measures and identifies them! Soon he will be teaching and taking classes.
We painted the living room a light blue color! It looks great! We have soom peeling problems in the office, so it's a work in progress.

Life here is wonderful!

No comments: