Monday, August 10, 2009

Teaching

It's recently come to my attention that teaching is by far going to be one of the hardest things I have ever done in my entire life. And I am not exaggerating. I guess I always thought I would have a 'plan' of what to teach; and, by have a plan, I mean that I thought someone would give me a plan. I know, I know- an immature thought, but this blog is for my thoughts. Right? So now here I am, I have one day in between me and my first day of teaching. I could get pretty far away in that one day, but I would miss Chris. I have standards. That's it. No books. No advice, or this is how we do things here. Just standards and an office in the back of the library. Am I excited? Of course. I can't wait. It's just hard to allow the excitement to override the feeling of being terrified. I also have not seen my cart yet- and I should add that my cart is not a 'shopping cart.' It's an educational cart, whatever that means. I am thinking it looks like a short TV cart. I could be totally wrong, but I know it's not a shopping cart. I plan on decorating it for Christmas, and Halloween, and fall, and Spring... and all Holidays and festivities. Everyone keeps telling me I will do great, which I am very thankful for, but I want someone to tell me what to do. Is this part of growing up? I don't like it. Let me go back to college- it was easier. But, let me take Chris and Dixie with me.
With all of the immature complaining done, I bought a cute frame for my desk! I also made a voicemail for my phone, in my office. Even if no one ever calls, it makes me feel important. =D Any who- other than being scared out of my mind about Thursday, life is wonderful here in West Lafayette, IN.

No comments: