Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Separate Peace


My high school English teacher was awesome; however, being in high school, I could have cared less about reading. Or writing. Or anything related to grammar. I still hate grammar. Now, being an English teacher myself, I am realizing that I missed out on a lot by not really paying attention to the things we read. I am reading 'A Separate Peace' with my sophomores and I am absolutely loving it. I remembered the plot from when we read it in high school, but nothing else. It is on the road to being favored over 'A Great gatsby', but we will see. Gatsby has been my number one since high school, so it won't go down that easily. I can't read it without rereading every couple of paragraphs to Chris because it's so stinkin' awesome... he actaully appreciates it too, and will soon be reading it. :)

No comments: