Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bring it on, 2011

I am not one for New Years Resolutions because I feel they don't last. For example on the Monday after New Years I went to Body Pump Class as usual. Normally there are about 20 of us, but on Monday there were about 40. I was not excited (because I am selfish and they cramped the room...), but knew they wouldn't last. I was right, and on Wednesday they were gone. No newbies.

I think it's funny to watch the work-out clothes, diet foods, and organization 'stuff' go on sale the first few weeks of the new year. Is that the only time people set goals/ make resolutions?

So here I go being hypocritical, though I will say these are things I was doing or planning to do before the new year- and I call them goals, not resolutions. Maybe the word change will bring success? ;)

Goal #1: Make my own bread and buy very little from the store. The reasons behind this is money and health. Chris buys "good" bread for his lunch. By baking my own we save about a dollar a loaf and I know exactly what's in the bread. Which I am a fan of... I have already made sandwich bread for the past two weeks, dinner rolls, garlic bread, and hamburger buns. All with the help of my new Kitchenaid, of course.

Goal #2: Run two half marathons before Christmas of next year and a 10K. I have one scheduled for April, and hopefully will the others scheduled when we figure out where we will be living.

Goal #3: Make menu's for the week. This will prevent last minute trips to the grocery store, wasting food, and hopefully save money. I figure if I am proactive in what we eat there will be no more food that goes bad (without my knowledge). It will also keep the stress down and during softball season Chris will be able to help with dinner more (we had frozen pizza at least 4 times a week last spring.)

Goal #4: Go a year without cable. This is already in progress. Today is day number 1. I have had cable my entire life and am a tad scared at the thought, but I know it will be good. I can already feel the productivity coming!

Goal #5: Read my Bible more. Much more. Because I slacked this year. Bad. I am aiming for 4 times a week at first.

Goal #6: Go through all of the recipes from TheFrugalGirl.com- because they're awesome and budget friendly. You should try it.

I have been big on setting goals this past year, and it worked. I planned to run a half marathon and become healthier minded- and I have. I can't wait to see the success that 2011 brings.

What are your goals for the coming year? How are you keeping track of your progress?

No comments: