Sunday, January 23, 2011

Here We Goooo...

"Here we go, one more time, everybody's feeling fine, here we go now..."

I couldn't resist the NSYNC lyrics. They are my all time favorite boy band. :) Okay, maybe favorite band in general. I know. I am pathetic. But proud. If they did a reunion tour, I would so be there. I even wore my "No Strings Attached" concert T-Shirt to school this year.

Now to the real meaning of this post.

This week begins training for half marathon number two! I am so ready. Not sure why, but I can't wait to start. I feel so much better when I run. I have kept up being able to run 6 miles so I am not worried about being able to do this. Which is so nice. Considering last time when I hoped I would be able to finish in 3 1/2 hours. I even planned on walking some. I didn't walk and I finished in 2:10.

So basically, bring it on Crossroads of Indiana Half Marathon!

Not sure what my goal is. I would like to shave a bit off my time, but considering this training is taking place during softball season, I'm not sure how much time I will be able to devote to make sure my speed increases. I just enjoy the run, not really the idea of getting quicker. It's the whole exercising and taking care of my body thing that I run for. I have no plans or ambitions of winning. :) So maybe I will shoot for 2:09ish.

High hopes, right? I think so.

No comments: