Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Real Test

I didn't realize how much I relied on cable. Holy moly.

Sunday was our first day without cable. It was totally fine, so I decided that life without cable was going to be fine. And it has been. But now I have a snow day.

What do I want to do on a snow day? Watch lifetime movies and mindless tv. That's what.

Lazy? Yes. Ashamed? Not one bit.

So, since I have no cable to mindlessly watch, and a movie doesn't sound awesome, I have cleaned my closet, made a loaf of bread, got everything out to make dessert for tonight, did laundry, and went to the gym.... and it's 11:10.

Eeek. Did I get anything done before Sunday?

I am realizing that this summer will be hard..... long days with no tv.

I guess I will have to read. ;)

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm not that big on TV (until American Idol starts next week), but I could definitely get a lot finished if I didn't have internet! Lol. I don't think I'm ready to tackle that yet.

hannah said...

I decided not to get cable when I moved about a year and a half ago... I do miss it sometimes, especially when everyone else is talking about what they saw and I'm going, "huh?" :) But, it has definitely saved me money and given me a bit more time to do other things. :)