Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday (Creative, huh?)

It's been a long week. I will spare you the details, but I just hate when people are selfish. I really do. But date night was last night, and today will be wonderful after I suffer through a run. This goal thing is working- I convinced myself not to go run, but then realized I posted it- so I guess I am going...

Chris leaves for a trip soon, so I will be making two batches of granola bars for him to take on the road. I am a big fan of homemade granola bars for many reasons: they are cheaper, they are healthier, and we can make them however we want them! This will be the second recipe I have tried. The first recipe was very rich and wonderful- it was perfect for after a run, but a little too much for a snack. I make them and keep them in the fridge for days I don't have time to make a lunch... ;D

This recipe is another one from thefrugalgirl.com: www.thefrugalgirl.com/2009/06/homemade-granola-bars/

I am going to try both the Cinnamon raisin and the chocolate chip. I will for sure do the wheat flour and wheat germ. If you have never used wheat germ I highly recommend it. It is rich in vitamins and nutrients, fiber filled, and can help with heart issues. I know I sound like a commercial, but seriously, you should try it. :)

After the yummy granola bars, it's cookie time! I have three cookie exchanges this week, so that means dozens and dozens of cookies! Here are the two I am planning on making:Peanut Butter Cup Cookies and The $250 cookie (or Neiman Marcus). I have made the previous before, and they are delicious!

So that's my Saturday- and I am pumped! Baking is my second best stress reliever!

No comments: